Welcome to the Efabless Open MPW Shuttle Program
The Efabless Open MPW Shuttle Program provides fabrication for fully open-source projects using the SkyWater Open Source PDK announced by Google and SkyWater.
The shuttle provides opportunities for designers to experiment and push the state-of-the-art without having to reconcile the risk associated with the cost of fabrication.
The shuttle program is open to anyone, provided that their project is fully open source and meets the other program requirements. The first shuttle run is planned for November of 2020 with more scheduled for 2021. Costs for fabrication, packaging, evaluation boards and shipping are covered by Google for this program.
Project Submission Requirements
The following project requirements must be met in order to qualify for inclusion on the shuttle program:
- The project must be targeted on the currently-supported SkyWater Open PDK for the 130nm process.
- The project must be posted on a git-compatible repo and be publicly accessible.
- The top-level of the project must include a LICENSE file for an approved open-source license agreement. Third-party source code must be identified and source code must contain proper headers. See details here.
- The repo must include project documentation and adhere to Google's inclusive language guidelines. See details here.
- The project must be fully open. The project must contain a GDSII layout, which must be reproducible from source contained in the project.
- Projects must use a common test harness and padframe based on the Caravel repo. The projects must be implemented within the user space of the layout and meet all requirements for the Caravel.
- Projects must successfully pass the Open MPW precheck tool, including LVS and DRC clean using the referenced versions of OpenLane flow.
For detailed information, please consult the Open MPW FAQs page
- November 12, 2020: Project submission is open
- November 30, 2020: Project submission is closed
- February, 20, 2021: Expected wafer run complete, packaging and assembly begins
- May 15, 2021: Parts and assembled boards shipped to project owners
In order to submit a project for the Open MPW program, complete the following steps:
- Register for an account on the Efabless platform (if you have not done so already)
- Create a project using a public git repo from the My Projects page
- Execute the precheck verification tool on your project from the Toolbox
- Fix any problems, and update from your Git Repo from the project page and re-execute precheck
- Complete your profile including full name, email and your physical address
- Submit an Open MPW request using your created project
- Download this form and complete and submit via the request
- Review and complete your agreement with Efabless
- Review deliverables for your MPW request and select ‘Submitter Confirmed’ when
you have completed all deliverables
- See the following page
OPEN MPW SHUTTLE REQUESTS
Login to interact with your Open MPW Requests
|Request||Info||Category||Owner / Company||Open Date||Status|
|Anish Singhani||Info||Open MPW||Anish Singhani||Nov 24, 2020||Open|
|vdp-lite||Info||Open MPW||Dan Rodrigues||Nov 24, 2020||Open|
|PyFive||Info||Open MPW||Sylvain Munaut / PyFive||Nov 24, 2020||Open|
|Vladimir Milovanović||Info||Open MPW||Vladimir Milovanović / NOVELIC||Nov 24, 2020||Open|
|Matt Venn||Info||Open MPW||Matt Venn||Nov 22, 2020||Open|
|RAPCore||Info||Open MPW||Steve Kelly / RAPCore||Nov 23, 2020||Open|
|Jecel Mattos de Assumpção Jr, Merik Voswinkel||Info||Open MPW||Merik Voswinkel / Fiberhood||Nov 23, 2020||Open|
|Philipp Gühring||Info||Open MPW||Philipp Gühring / LibreSilicon Association||Nov 21, 2020||Open|