Falcon is a full SoC reference design for Intelligent MEMS sensor, industrial, medical and IoT edge device controllers based on the Arm Cortex M0 core and targeted on the GLOBALFOUNDRIES 130G process (130nm). Falcon provides means to interface with analog and digital sensors as well as external RF radio (WIFI, Cellular, Bluetooth, etc.,) modules needed for IoT applications.
The reference design is based on an SoC design template and can be modified, compiled and simulated through the SoC Editor tool with CloudV on the Efabless platform. The reference design comes with basic device drivers for all on-chip peripherals as well as set of applications to test and demonstrate Falcon capabilities.
Block Diagram for Falcon Template
Falcon is clocked using an external clock sources an external crystal oscillator (1-4 MHz). In addition to that, Falcon employs a PLL and clock dividers to enable the system to run clock frequencies up to 50 MHz under software control.
SoC Design Template
- Cortex M0 CPU Core
- AHB-Lite and APB buses
- Up to 32 APB peripherals
- Up to 8 AHB peripherals
- Analog peripheral options include: ADC
- Digital peripheral options include: SPI, GPIO, I2C, UART, PWM/Timer
- 8, 16 or 32kB internal SRAM memory
- QSPI XIP memory controller for booting and executing from external serial Flash memory
- External clock source
- Pre-designed clocking subsystem including PLL and clock dividers
- Single power supply (3.3V)
- On-board 1.8V LDO regulator
- 3.3V I/O
- JTAG port for testing only